Friday, November 21, 2008

IVF Cycle 1 - Canceled

Got a call from the RE's office yesterday. Apparently they had their weekly IVF meeting and my file was the topic of coversation. Due to my E2 levels rising from 122 to 694 (WTF!) they are going to cancel my cycle this month. I am supposed to have a heavy-duty Lupron IM shot in two weeks and then will start the 10 unit Lupron injections four weeks after that. They said this IM injection will shock my system into submission They said that ER will be in Mid-January.

How do I feel? Well on the surface I'm pissed, but the more I think about it I am glad they are so careful. Since we are OOP we cannot afford to have cycles that just aren't up to par. If this will help me get a BFP in eight weeks then so be it. In the skeem of things waiting six weeks isn't that long when you've been TTC for 20 or so months.

No comments: